When running a small business, striking a balance between properly marketing it online and maintaining a reasonable budget can be tricky. Unlike larger companies, you probably don’t have the means to hire a team of website developers to create and maintain your online presence. A great, affordable alternative is to set up your own small business site using WordPress. It’s easier than you probably think, and it brings these advantages to the table:
- Savings – By their very nature, WordPress sites are a breeze to create and maintain. You can avoid spending thousands of dollars to have your site designed and developed. Going forward, you will save a ton of money on updates and other maintenance costs too. Learn how to create a website here.
- Content Management – WordPress sites have built-in content management systems, or CMS’s, which streamline the content creation and publishing process. As an added bonus, you can schedule precisely when you want content to be published, which saves you even more time.
- Social Media – To maintain a strong online presence, it’s crucial to be active on social media. WordPress makes this easy with a wide array of handy social media widgets and plugins. For example, you can instantly add “like” and “share” buttons to your on-page content, or you can automatically share updates on the most popular social media sites.
- SEO – The key to achieving a high ranking on the major search engines lies in effective search engine optimization, or SEO. WordPress sites tend to fare quite well on Google and other search engines — you just need to make sure to effectively use keywords, backlinks and other SEO-related elements.
- Responsive Web Design – Huge corporations fork over massive amounts of money to turn their regular websites into responsive websites, which are sites that automatically adjust for optimal viewing across mobile and desktop devices. Conveniently, all WordPress sites are responsive in nature, so you can reach mobile users without investing in responsive web design services.
- Blogging – One of the best ways to keep your site fresh and relevant, which helps enormously with SEO, is by posting blogs on a regular basis. WordPress started as a blogging platform and continues to offer some of the best blog features around.
Easy, affordable and effective: WordPress has all the elements a small business could possibly want when developing and maintaining a new site, so check it out before deciding on a platform for yours.